Ben chin, this is specially for you 🙂 I love this dessert as this is really nice to drink and beneficial for skin 🙂
30g of Lotus Nut (half the nut and get rid of stem in between) (莲子)
30g of Dried Longan Fruit (龙眼干)
30g of red dates (without seed) (红枣)
25g of snow fungus (雪耳)
some rock sugar or can use normal sugar
and of course, water (I used about three bowls of water)
- Soak the dried snow fungus for half an hour or till soft to cut. Trim the hardened yellow part on the bottom and cut into smaller pieces.
- Rinse the other ingredients.
- Heat up a pot of water and bring to boil.
- Add the snow fungus, dried lotus, dried Longan fruit and red dates, reduce to low heat and cook for one hour or more, until all ingredients are soft and tender.
- Before serve, add some sugar (rock sugar) to your liking.
- I love to add some Goji berries before serving. Goji berries are good for your eyesight!